|What is Home Staging?
Home Staging is the process of preparing a property for sale in order to appeal to the greatest amount of potential buyers. It may be as simple as rearranging what you already have or introducing quality rental furniture and accessories. Often it is a combination of both.
Aesthetic updates, repairs, furniture placement, lighting and traffic flow are addressed in order to reveal a “show home” look.
Staged homes encourage buyers to envision themselves living in the space while forming a necessary emotional connection to the property.
Staging your home before your listing goes on the market will help maximize the selling price. Home Staging is changing the way real estate is being sold. Statistics show that staged properties sell on average for 7% more than un-staged properties and in about half the time.
Benefits of Home Staging
- Professionally staged homes look better in advertising and internet marketing.
- Realtors® recognize staged homes as premium listings, resulting in more showings and more offers.
- Appraisers are more likely to assess staged homes at full value.
- Buyers and building inspectors view staged homes as better-kept homes.
- Bottom line, staged properties sell faster and for a higher price.
Why Stage your Vacant Property?
If you are selling a vacant listing, bear in mind the disadvantages.
Perhaps the greatest drawback is that any and every negative detail is in plain sight.
Buyers scrutinize the condition of walls, flooring and fixtures when there is nothing else to capture their attention. Empty rooms 'magnify' 'echo' and are 'uninviting'. It is difficult for potential buyers to gauge the functionality, size and scale of rooms without furniture to provide a point of reference. Challenging floor plans can be a deal breaker, leaving buyers wondering about possible furniture layout and available space. People are often hesitant about purchasing an empty home because they assume that since the owner has already moved, they are eager to sell. Worse yet, buyers may conclude that something is wrong with the property. A vacant listing may also imply that the home has been for sale for an extended period of time encouraging buyers to present a low offer. People don't buy houses, they buy homes. Consider the advantages of having your vacant property staged by A&E Home Staging.
Bid for Staging Services
We visit your home or listing for a brief period of time to determine what is required to merchandise the property. We develop a proposal for services specific to your property and email you a written bid within 24 hours. All projects are unique; our bid for services is based upon floor plan, condition of home, and detail of project.
With your approval we formalize the staging plan with a written agreement and schedule a date for the staging.
Cost effective and quick!
Our comprehensive cosmetically focused Home Staging Consultation features a 2 hour visit by our Certified Staging Professional. During the visit you will learn important do’s and don’ts of selling real estate. You will also learn valuable tips on de-personalizing your home and de-cluttering. Our recommendations are mainly centered on making changes that will bring value to your home but will not be limited to improving the overall marketing appeal of the property. During the consultation, we will educate you on the importance of properly positioning the sale of your property above the rest to ensure yours is the one buyers love and remember.
The purpose of the consultation is to help you prepare your property for sale. If you chose to stage it yourself or have it staged professionally by us, this is essentially the first step in getting it ready.
At the end of the consultation you will receive a detailed personalized report detailing room by room our professional recommendations. From there you will decide what services you will require from us and we will discuss next steps.
In 2006, StagedHomes.com looked at the sales history of 200 properties staged by its members. Homes listed for sale prior to staging sat on the market for an average of four and a half months and sold within just over a week afterward. Homes listed for sale after staging sold within 32 to 42 days. In either case, the homes sold for an average of $26,000 more than expected.
- A 2007 survey of Accredited Staging Professionals by training company StagedHomes found that 94% of staged homes sold on average in one month or less. Homes that were staged spent 80% less time on the market than those that were not staged.
- Only 10% of buyers can visualize the potential of a home, according to Home Staging Resource, another large home staging training program. That means 90% of buyers cannot visualize size and scale. They need furnishings in place to give them a frame of reference.
- It's easier for Realtors to show and sell their buyers a staged home because they know the property will be in pristine condition. Realtors are often more prone to attend broker open houses because staging creates a buzz and excitement in the industry. Thus increasing showings.
- Professional Staging attracts the eye and creates a psychological appeal that draws buyers away from the negatives of a home and puts the focus on the positives.
- Pictures and virtual tours are more enticing when staged. Powerful pictures will attract more buyers to a home when placed on the MLS
- Staged home often appraise at a higher value. A 2007 HomeGain survey of 2,000 practitioners found that the return on investment from home staging was as much as 343%.
- Providing a professional and objective eye, home stagers can tell a seller what will appeal to the current market and make suggestions such as remove grandma's pottery collection so that sellers will notice what they are buying, not what a seller isn't selling.
- By neutralizing a property, buyers can visualize themselves living in a home, rather than the current owners.
The investment in staging is 'less costly than the first price reduction'. Understanding the full benefits of staging can help owners avoid 'just giving their homes away'. The process begins with an initial consultation and a physical walk-through of the property. A Property Analysis is then compiled which includes detailed recommendations for everything from the front yard and exterior to each and every room in the home. Owners can implement the recommendations and/or contract with us to manage the project in preparation for sale.
RETURN ON HOME IMPROVEMENT INVESTMENTS
2000 real estate agents Surveyed nationwide!!!
According to the results of HomeGain’s 2007 national survey, four of the top ten home improvements recommended by real estate agents are Home Staging Projects.
- 97% recommend Lighten and Brighten with a return on investment of 355%.
- 97% recommend Clean and De-clutter with a return on investment of 578%.
- 97% recommend Landscape Front /Back yards with a return on investment of 319%.
- 91% recommend Stage home for sale with a return on investment of 343%.
- 93% recommend repair electrical or plumbing with a return on investment of 164%.
- 94% recommend repair damaged flooring with a return on investment of 145%.
- 87% recommend update kitchen & bathrooms with a return on investment of 121%.
- 98% recommend replace or shampoo carpeting with a return on investment of 154%.
- 88% recommend paint exterior walls with a return on investment of 147%.
Based on a survey conducted by StagedHomes.com accumulative from June 2007 through November 2008 of 52% vacant homes and 48% occupied homes:
- staged homes were on the market 80% less time than non-staged homes
- the average time on market of CSP™ staged homes was 35 days
May 2008 statistics from the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) show that in 2007 84% of home buyers use the internet to preview homes before they view them in person. More buyers will view homes that are staged than not staged.